Summary

My Experiences in Intro to Technology 

     I wasn't quite sure what to expect at the beginning of the trimester. I thought Intro to Technology might be a computer class, but it's not. We occasionally worked with computers to draw 3D designs, but that's really about it. I really enjoyed this class because it's a nice break from having to sit at a desk all day. I got to work with my hands to create functioning products. I got to design and build my ideas. I'm a very visual and hands-on learner, so this class was perfect for me. 

My favorite unit

I enjoyed all of the units we covered in Intro to Technology. I particularly enjoyed the mousetrap car unit. It was a fun challenge. We had to go back and tweak things until we got it just right. 

What I would change

If I had to change any of the units, I would change Genius Hour. I've done it at least three times already, so it's getting harder to think of new ideas every time. I like the concept of Genius Hour, but I feel like if there was something I wanted to learn or build, I could just do it at home. This is mostly just a personal preference, but it also feels a little too unstructured. I usually end up feeling lost and slapping a project together last minute. For this genius hour, I ended up learning about welding.   

What I learned

I learned a lot during my time in Intro to Technology. The most important thing I learned is that technology is constantly changing and improving. The only thing that stays the same is your ability to adapt to difficult situations and problem solve. Some projects involved teamwork, but sometimes I got to work by myself, so that was a nice change. Overall, I had a lot of fun. 

Comments

Popular Posts